Monday, June 15, 2009

Meeting Number Three Coming Up

Hello Everyone,

As I get ready for tomorrow's meeting I wanted to give you an idea of what we will be learning how to make. I asked for ideas, but since no one responded I decided to show you how to make a puzzle game that I enjoyed playing when I was younger. The game is mostly known with the name "the fifteen puzzle" and it is the oldest type of sliding block puzzle. Here is the description from Wikipedia:

"A sliding block puzzle prohibits lifting any piece off the board. This property separates sliding puzzles from rearrangement puzzles. Hence finding moves, and the paths opened up by each move, within the two-dimensional confines of the board, are important parts of solving sliding block puzzles."

Here is a video of the one I will show you how to make:



This version of the puzzle will allow you to insert any image you want to play the puzzle with. It also has two extra challenging levels. besides the standard 4x4 board it features a 6x6 and an 8x8 board. I hope I see all of you at our meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment